Organic sprouts: healthy sprouts to grow yourself!
The answer is simple: every seed already has all the ingredients of the finished plant on board. The germinated seeds provide your body with numerous vitamins, minerals, and trace elements. And they taste delicious! Sprouts are an exciting highlight on your plate!
What can you discover here?
Grow your own sprouts!
- From A for alfalfa to R for rocket and everything in between: cress, mustard seed, and many other varieties.
- The perfect accessory for perfect sprout happiness
Sprouting seeds and microgreens: what can I do with them?
Green joy on your windowsill - at any time of the year. Sprouts give your body a tremendous nutrient boost all year round. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, and trace elements. They are also super delicious on bread, salads, soups, smoothies, or your healthy power bowl.
In terms of taste, sprouted sprouts have always been a front runner with their spicy pungency. No wonder the delicious microgreens are so trendy and a staple on our plates and in our bowls.
Sprouting seeds and microgreens: How can I successfully grow them myself?
Step by step to green happiness is quite simple: all that seedlings need is air, love, and a little water.
- There is a wide variety of ways to grow sprouting seeds. You need a sprouting jar with a draining rack. This way, seeds can drain, and no mould can grow.
- Depending on the variety, soak seeds for 4-8 hours. This water boost is a vital Kickstarter.
- After that, the seeds are drained and rinsed. Don’t forget: drain well!
- The seeds feel most comfortable in a bright place that is not too warm. The ideal germination temperature is between 18 and 22 degrees.
- Rinse the sprouts twice a day and drain well.
- Once the sprouts are ready, after 3-8 days, depending on the variety, you can either enjoy them straight away or store them in a jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can find information on sprouting different kinds of seeds on the respective packaging.
Impressive gift needed?
Sprouting seeds should not be missing in any gift hamper, and they are the ideal gift for everyone who likes healthy, delicious, and homemade things. For fans of micronutrients, sprouted seeds such as alfalfa, cress, mustard, or radishes are the ideal nutrient boost in your dishes. Don't hesitate. Enjoy an abundance of nutrients!